How do I become a Fluency Fast host?
- Secure a location Fluency Fast to your school / church / business
- Secure support from your organization and community (see #5)
- Contact Fluency Fast for available dates
- Publicize the class in three ways: email, article in paper, distribute DVDs
- Minimum requirements to host a class (For a 4 day class, 20 people at $400 per person; 40 people at $200 per person; 50 people at $160; 54-65 people at $149 per person; 70-100 people at $129.) Estimate the number of people you believe you can attract, secure 50-70% of that number through your organization. The remainder will come from publicity in the community, which will be generated through inclusion in the Fluency Fast national mailing, as well as through local publicity.
- Be the contact person for the press and organize logistics for the class
- Hosts receive up to $599 for hosting the event, provided the minimum number of participants is reached.
- If you know of an organization that might like to host a class to provide training for employees or member, please let us know.
Comments from previous hosts:
"I was completely out of my element trying to figure out how to bring a Fluency Fast class to my church, but I had taken a course in Denver and was really eager to get both more training as a teacher and to learn more Spanish, so I bit the bullet. I sent emails to all of the other churches in Austin . The need for Spanish is so high here that we filled one class last year and another this Spring and we’re going to do it again."
– Cindy Singleton, Brentwood Christian School , Austin , Texas
(50 attendees, $149 per person, school donated the space)
"Our school’s Spanish-speaking population has increased by so much in the last few years that I knew that bringing a Spanish class to our teachers would be beneficial to everyone. The school let us send out information to the school email list. Our first class last January had 120 people in it, so they sent us two teachers. The second class in April had over 90, and they sent two teachers again. The teachers are happy, so we’re scheduling another class for the Fall ."
- Diana Noonan, Denver Public Schools , Denver , Colorado
(school donated the space)
Thanks again for coming! I'm still getting emails from those who attended... all positive! I'm also getting the video from the TV station that came out to film the class and will send to you.
– Jan Coone, Grant Coordinator, North Platte, Nebraska
(40 attendees, $149 per person, subsidized by the school)
The need for Spanish in Worthington, Minnesota is at an all-time high. Our first class had over 200 people. Teachers, firefighters, nurses, police officers and general members of the community who wanted to be able to communicate with Spanish-speaking residents. We’ve just held our second class and are looking forward to another one next summer. We held the class at the school and I emailed all of the teachers in our district and the surrounding districts and sent publicity out locally, as well. The local newspaper and news station covered the class. People who took the class are ready for more and interested in signing up again the next time Fluency Fast is here.If you are interested in bringing a Fluency Fast class in Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, Arabic or Russian or any other language to your city, please let us know. We look forward to working with you!
– Deanna Rowe, Worthington, Minnesota
(200 people, school donated the space; 70 people, not subsidized)